This sermon is the conclusion in our series on the Armor of God. We discover what releases the power of the armor in our lives? How do we rely on the strength provided by the armor? Eph 6:18 reveals what makes the armor personal and practical. Click here to listen now.
Praying the “Armor of God”
Almighty God, in the name of Jesus, I put on Your full armor today, that I will be able to stand against the schemes and attacks of the devil. Holy Spirit, I ask that you equip and empower me…
- With the belt of truth ... May your truth rule in my heart and be in my mind and on my lips today.
- With the breastplate of righteousness ... Apart from You there is no righteousness, but through
Jesus I have been “born again” and made righteous in Your sight. May I live in the power of my
new identity as a righteous person.
- With feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the Gospel of peace ... May I reflect the
Gospel in my words and actions, that through me, with my every encounter, others may be drawn one step closer to You.
- With the shield of faith ... May I take You at Your word concerning promises about the present and future—promises of everlasting love, abundant life, and so much more.
- With the helmet of salvation ... Remind me that nothing can separate me from Your love and that I’ve been saved by grace. In Your grace, help me to say “no” to all ungodliness and worldly
passions, and to live a self-controlled, upright, and godly life.
- With the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God ... May Your Holy Spirit reign in my life and bring to my mind just the right scriptures to be in my heart and on my lips. May I be “filled with the Spirit” and ready with Scripture as You were, Jesus, when the devil tempted You.
- With an attitude of prayer ... Remind me to pray in agreement and alignment with the Spirit on all occasions. Cause me to be alert and always be praying for others.